Friday, August 29, 2008

The Big 3-0!!!



There was no stopping it....wishing and hoping that it wasn't happening, I turned the big 3-0 last Saturday, and Tony made sure that we had a blast celebrating. We met up with Paul and Jennifer on Friday night and after checking out their fabulous new house in Durham, we headed over to Raleigh for the Kenny Chesney concert. He was, of course, AWESOME--even played some old-school DMB!! After picking up the kids from Cathy (yes, Faith is driving the lawn mower, and of course Connor is always thrilled with a ride) we headed to the pool and spent the afternoon swimming before heading to the Durham Bulls game. It was the perfect way to celebrate my birthday--with friends and family, who could ask for more?!? I just hope that God will see fit to give me another 30 years to spend with my husband and my family, and that the next 30 years will be as full of laughter and love as the first 30 years.....isn't there a song to that effect?!?

No comments: