Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Through her eyes

So, I know that I am blessed with 2 incredibly gifted and smart children--But sometimes you get the chance to enjoy a moment when you could not be more in awe and grateful for all that they are and to be able to experience life through their eyes. I had the opportunity last week to visit Faith's school and as I was browsing through her "Writer's Workshop" notebook (which is a journal that they write in everyday on whatever topic that they want) when two pages particularly caught my eye, they were entitled "Happy Times" and "Sad Times".......it will shock many of you that this had me in tears, but in her words here it is:

Happy Times:
  • turning 5
  • the first day of kindergarten
  • Disney World
  • my Mom got married
  • my brother turning 1 & 2
  • Meme making home-made ice cream
  • new school
  • made a friend
  • Cash family birthdays
Sad Times:
  • my dog got killed
  • my Mom's Mom's dad died
  • my Mom got in a wreck, but lived
  • Baby Cash died (she meant Bolejack)
Isn't it amazing the little things that stick in their heads, and yet how much the big things actually mean to them, even though you don't think they can appreciate it? Wow!

1 comment:

mike said...

Faith is an insightful, and really smart young lady. She sure does know more than she let's on about stuff. I look forward to enjoying her observations about life for a long time.